Words can be powerful. Whether it is a passage in a book, a piece of poetry, the lyrics to a song or words of wisdom sayings from another human being. And should these words come to us at the right time they will resonate and have the ability to inspire us, motivate us, strengthen us, comfort us and help us move forward and grow. Here is a collection of quotes for women by women for those times when something inside you needs an extra little injection of faith, hope and courage.
Quotes on Break-ups and Broken Hearts
The following quotes might act like a comfort blanket and be just what you need following a break up or during those dark days when the pain of nursing a broken heart is at its strongest. Here are words which will help you say ‘ah to hell with him’ perhaps, empowering you to take your life back and work towards releasing the ties of regret, longing and loneliness. Or alternatively they might pour some healing balm on the pain and help you move ever upwards and ready to love again.
- What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us. – Helen Keller
- A woman who knows her true value will only put up with a man’s nonsense for so long, you either get right or get left.- Harriet Morgan
- The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present. – Barbara De Angelis
- How wrong it is for a woman to expect a man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself. – Anais Nin
- Those who do not know how to weep with their whole heart do not know how to laugh either. – Golda Meir
- Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. – M. Kathleen Casey
- No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent. – Eleanor Roosevelt
- I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. – Audrey Hepburn
- I love people. I love my family, my children……but inside myself is a place where I live all alone and that’s where you renew your springs that never dry up. – Pearl Buck
- I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naïve or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman. – Anais Nin
Quotes on Finding Courage
These quotes might help fire up your courage and self-belief levels when you are trying to find the nerve to take a chance or before flying out into the unknown on a leap of faith. Or perhaps you are standing at a cross-roads deliberating on which path to start on and you are beset with uncertainty and doubt. Whatever the reason for needing a bravery boost these quotes might lend a helping hand.
- Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? – Caroline Myss
- The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched but are felt in the heart. – Helen Keller
- You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try. – Beverly Sills
- When we do the best we can we never know what miracle is wrought in our life or in the life of another. – Helen Keller.
- We can do no great things, only small things with great love. – Mother Teresa
- I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well. – Diane Ackerman
- If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. – Katharine Hepburn
- The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. – Ayn Rand
- Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. – Maya Angelou
Quotes to Remind Yourself How Wonderful You Are
Last but not least this set of quotes are simply to remind you how wonderful you are…….just in case you needed to be told – spiced up with a sprinkling of girl power.
- It doesn’t matter who you are or where you came from. The ability to triumph begins with you. Always. – Oprah Winfrey
- The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it. – Roseanne Barr
- The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mode but the true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows. The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years. – Audrey Hepburn
- After all those years as a woman hearing ‘not thin enough, not pretty enough, not smart enough, not this enough, not that enough’, almost overnight I woke up one morning and thought….’I’m enough’. – Anna Quindlen
- No matter what a woman looks like, if she’s confident, she’s sexy. – Paris Hilton
- Remove those ‘I want you to like me’ stickers from your forehead and, instead, place them where they truly will do the most good — on your mirror! – Susan Jeffers
- It’s in the reach of my arms, the span of my hips, the stride of my step, the curl of my lips.I’m a woman. Phenomenally. Phenomenal woman. That’s me. – Maya Angelou
- We were born to make and manifest the glory of god that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. – Marianne Williamson
I Am Woman
And finally the words of a song by Helen Reddy to celebrate womanhood –
I am woman hear me roar
In numbers too big to ignore
And I know too much to go back and pretend.
‘Cause I’ve heard it all before when I’ve been down there on the floor
But no-one’s ever going to keep me down again.
Yes I am wise though it’s wisdom borne of pain
Yes I’ve paid the price but looked how much I’ve gained.
If I have to, I can do anything
I am strong.
I am invincible.
I am woman.